Phil discussed ways that spray foam can improve “the comfort zone” of your house or business. Download a pdf below or read the presentation notes below.
According to the Appraisal Journal, every $1 decrease in energy costs results in a $10 to $25 increase in a homes value. Reducing utility bills by $1200 per year translates into a $12,000-$30,000 increase in the homes price.
What is spray foam?
Polyurethane material that expands 3-9x its initial volume and contains a high r-value over standard insulation. Contains a vale of about 5.3-6.8R/inch. Proper spray foam is a two part solution that is mixed at the tip of the spray gun and creates a chemical reaction. The final product is strong, impenetrable by air and water.
What is R-Value?
It’s a heat resistance rating. Higher the value, greater the resistance to heat transfer.
Advantages over standard insulation:
- High psi application means that it can get in places that other insulation can not
- Cleaner installation than standard insulation
- Environmentally friendly
- Higher R-value per inch over standard insulation
- Potential to save 40% in heating/cooling energy costs
- Low lifecycle cost (roofing in particular)
- Provides an air barrier and is seamless
- Does not shrink, settle or sag
What does Arctic Insulation specialize in?
Arctic Insulation installs a few different spray foams. From open cell to closed cell, the products are all suited to specific applications.
- Exterior roofs (special product & process)
- Internal garages
- Complex jobs
- Reducing cold spots and room drafts
- New builds
For more information on Spray Foam Insulation, visit Arctic Insulation’s website or contact Phil Bentson at 780-719-2948